Monday, October 24, 2011

Set Backs

You know the saying, you take one step forward and two back? Well I'm not sure if that exactly applies to me right now, but I feel as if it is the only way to describe how I am feeling. For those of you who have been following my tale from the beginning you know that I started playing WOW so that I could better connect with my husband. And for those of you who know me personally, you know I have a way of romanticizing situations and am let down because nothing lives up to the way I imagined it in my head. That brings us to my reflection of the week. Now when I said that I have the habit of romanticizing situations, I absolutely did not expect that our characters would be giving each other flowers and going on dates in the game, that's just ridiculous. However, I did think that we would be going on raids together and he would be giving me instructions on what to do in the game and how best to get through everything. Instead I have gotten basic instructions and have had things assumed on me. How am I supposed to know that now that I am level 60 (thank you) I am supposed to take a portal to a new world?! Brett has helped me don't get me wrong but I have gotten more help from WOW bloggers while he is off raiding. Which to be fair is what he should be doing. The thing I am most disappointed with are my professions. As you know I have chosen herbalism and inscription. I wish he would have told me how to do these earlier in the game so I wouldn't have to keep going back to low level areas just to pick herbs within my level of expertise.
   Sorry for unloading on you (but this is WOW from a housewife prospective and we get jealous if we are not number one in our mans life). I just feel as if I am on this game to better connect with someone, while he may see it as an excuse to not feel guilt spending hours on the game because I am leveling. True we are both playing but we are not playing together as much as I would have hoped and it gets boring for me really fast being all alone in this giant world of warcraft.
   My one step forward? Trying something new to better my marriage. I can honestly say it as brought us closer, the more a married couple does together the more they have to talk about and connect with. This has been a good decision for my marriage I honestly believe that.
   My two steps back? 1).Feeling (I say feeling because this could be completely all in my head) lonely, abandoned and very much like a tool. 2). Not spending enough time on things more important. Only because I am trying to get to level 85 where I hope things will change for us and we will really be connecting on a new level (ha no pun intended) in this game, can you really blame me for that?
  On a lighter note, because I haven't been keeping up with this blog you may not know that I got a new mount. One that can fly too! It make questing and hebalism so much easier for me! I have also been doing a lot of random dungeons without anyone's help (other than the four others in the dungeon). I am at level 61 and climbing. Here I come 85!

No comments:

Post a Comment