Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eve of Destruction

  No Eve of Destruction is not the title of a new movie about the earth's end as we know it. Its the name of the guild I am in. Now as I am still a "nube" I am not completely sure what purpose a guild serves. I know that when I started playing I was in a different guild and then Brett said we were switching into this current guild. I also received  a lot of invitations to join guilds while I leveled 1-20. But I don't know what they do? I looked up the definition on guild and found: " a. An association of persons of the same trade or pursuits, formed to protect mutual interests and maintain standards. b. A similar association, as of merchants or artisans, in medieval times." Both seem applicable(minus the medieval times part), and I know there are certain perks to being in a guild. You can earn "XP" a lot faster, as well as get more items when things drop. This will most likely have to be my next lesson with Brett, because I cannot for the life of me see what all the fuss has been about. Allow me to explain.
  For a week or so now my friends (IRL) have been fed up with our current guild and were in talks to get their own guild together. Can you blame them? They are not being treated the way that the guilds first group is, missing out on raids and the guild is apparently unorganized. There was a timed raid to go off at 8:30 and at 9:15, still no word on when and if the raid would start. Now if I were a higher level I am sure this would anger me as well, but I am only a level 75 so I am still a bit to young to go off and play with the big boys. All I care about it are the things that currently effect me (I hope I used the correct version of effect/affect).
  Long story - short, My friends have left and are now leveling their own guild. Which I think is pretty cool. Starting from scratch and building something new, I am always a big supporter of that. My husband, however, is so close to being exalted and getting an amazing mount that we will remain in Eve of Destruction until he reached that point. From what I have heard if he switches now, he will not be able to reach exalted status for another six months!! Remaining in this current guild he will have it in a couple of weeks. As for me, you ask? Well, it will be easier for me to level in my current guild. So I remain here until I hit level 80. At that point I really wont be overly concerned with reaching 85 and it will be fun to play with my friends again and level a new guild. 
  As for my progress I now have epic flying and am doing great in my professions, Grand master status! I am earning a lot of justice points in the dungeons I do and I am so close to having a friendly reputation with the guild. No more of this neutral status for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just found out about this blog from your tweet.

    As a long time player, I find it wonderful to read about the game from a new player's perspective. It reminds me of that since of awe I once had.

    You really are leveling at a remarkable pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deeba,

    Thanks for commenting. Please feel free to help me out along the way, lord knows I could use all the advise and tips I can get!! I certain have my moments of over being overwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete